MAKEUP WORK, LATE ASSIGNMENTS, CORRECTIONS POLICY
PHYSICS AND FORENSIC SCIENCE
It is the student’s responsibility to make sure you receive any assignments missed during an absence. Students will have at least 3 days to make up any assignments missed while absent, based on number of days absent.
- Absent 1 day – 3 days to turn in
- Absent 2 days – 4 days to turn in
- Absent 3 days – 5 days to turn in
Full credit will not be awarded to any assignments turned in after the due date.
- 1 day late – receive 70% of the grade (for example: if the grade on the assignment is 90, you will only receive a 63 in the gradebook)
- 2 days late – receive 50% of the grade (for example: if the grade on the assignment is 90, you will only receive a 45 in the gradebook)
- No assignments will be accepted 2 weeks after the due date
- No assignments will be accepted after Wednesday of the last week of the six weeks
- Daily work (failing or passing) may be corrected for 50% of the difference between the original grade and 100
- If you receive a 70, you may correct for up to an 85. If you receive a 50, you may correct for up to a 75.
- Quizzes and Exams with failing grades must be corrected for a 70 or 50% of the difference between the original grade and 100, whichever is greater
- If you receive a 45, you must correct for a 70
- If you receive a 60, you must correct for up to an 80
- All corrections are due on the next Wednesday
- If the assignment, quiz, or exam is graded and handed back on a Tuesday, you have until Wednesday of the next week to turn in corrections. No corrections will be accepted after that day.
- Exams may only be corrected in the classroom and you will only be given class time the day following the exam to complete corrections. If you do not complete the corrections during the time allotted, you may arrange to come in during my conference period (4th period) or during lunch.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Effective January 4, 2022